“We set out to dive in our 5mm wetsuits on Saturday as a gear check for when we go further north later this year. Conditions just happened to be favorable at Portsea so we figured it would be nice to see dragons!
It was sunny and quite hot gearing up causing a layer of perspiration, however the special lining in the suit made gearing up easy and it just slid on instead of getting vacuum suctioned to the skin. The Emininence lives up to its values of being easy to don & doff with no annoying bulky wrist or leg zips which can dig in or fail. The stretchy neoprene and design gives comfort and a snug fit so no cold water flushing through. The inner lining is amazing! It feels dry as soon as you get out of the water!
Whilst the water temperature was unusually down at 16 deg (usually 18 at the heads in Jan) and 20 deg a bit further in the bay, we still managed over an hour (without tears hahaha). The flexi fitting and unique lining made it an enjoyable dive instead of just a quick buoyancy check!
While assisting on an OW course during the week and (accidentally?) leaving the suit in a tub instead of hanging it up to dry afterwards, the lining actually felt dry inside and was comfortable getting back into it again the next morning.
Oh, and the suit looks good on too!” – Fred Headley
- Available as a 7mm or 5mm wetsuit
- Quick Dry Thermal lining technology throughout adds warmth and ensures you are putting on a “dry” warm suit every time
- Rear “Batwing” seal eliminates water ingress through the zipper and adds critical padding against the spine from the weight of your SCUBA system
- High stretch neoprene, glued & blind stitched (GBS) seam construction elimination sew throughs & water entry to keep you warmer
- Heavy duty internal seam tape in critical stress areas for durability combined with slimline seam taping reducing the potential of water ingress
- Neoprene “slide through” wrist and ankle seals with silicone tape, offering easy donning and aggressive seal against incoming water during diving
- Smooth skin neck seal to prevent flushing through neck area
- High wear 3D print shoulder pads provide protection against a rubbing BCD or harness
- Ultra tough “Supratex” knee pads for abrasion resistance in critical wear areas during activity such as shore diving